Price increase in Canada

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MowingDevil, Oct 14, 2008.

1. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

In addition to the student pricing they're up $150 for the base and abo $100 for the top. Whats up w/ all this, the only place they've remained constant in the US. I'm afraid to look at the Australian store...:eek:

2. Fabreze macrumors member

I was just about to start a topic on this. This is rediculous. I was planning on going out today to get either the high end MB or base MBP, but now I just feel scammed. If they don't fix this, along with the student discount in the next couple days, Apple can count on never seeing another dollar of mine.

3. Dipdip macrumors member

I have a question about student discounts...do Canadians get such discounts on the new macbook/pro's? Sorry if I've missed something really obvious...

4. Fabreze macrumors member

Yeah, but even with the student discount, for example The high end MB is $1649 where as in the U.S, that same model is $1599 without the student discount even on that price.

5. Dipdip macrumors member

Okay, so do you see the discount applied right before you buy the product or what? Even a little bit helps...

6. Fabreze macrumors member

once you are at the apple store website, scroll down and on the left side you will see education store. Once you are in there, the prices will be automatically adjusted.

7. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

Pricing is moving in line with currency. The Canadian prices dropped relatively speaking when the Penryns came out, as the CDN was trading almost at par, or above. Not anymore. :(