Price matches?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Goohfy, May 9, 2011.

1. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

How do price matches work? Would I have to walk into an apple store, with some sort of catalog such as the Microcenter MBP price drop, and if so do they give you the product for the same price on the spot? Lemme know.

2. davmcn macrumors regular

Pretty sure Apple doesn't offer a price match, someone please correct me If I'm wrong.

3. Ccrew macrumors 68020

They don't that I'm aware of either.

Best Buy will however.

4. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

The Apple Store will price match if the store is in the area, I just did it two weeks ago.

5. dslrjunky macrumors regular

its all about how you asked them, some do some dont, even bestbuy have pm policy they dont follow when a customer is being an ass.. :D

6. tamvly macrumors 6502a

tamvly

Best Buy will match a price if the competing RETAIL store is within 25 miles of BB. Otherwise they tell you to take a hike. So I had to drive for an hour each way - that comes to about $100 per hour for driving. Cool.

7. rex450se macrumors regular

I had my local Apple store price match Micro Center, and they did so without problem. They just looked up Micro Center's website and price matched from that. I did have to speak to a manager but there was no issue.

It helped that I told them I didn't want to go to Micro Center because I live in Missouri, MC is in Kansas, and I didn't want Kansas to get any of my tax dollars. The associate that first helped me was a MU grade.:D

8. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

Really just depends, best buy doesn't always price match either. Some places will match online retailers, others want it to be another brick and mortar store, some won't price match if the price is too low at all. Best bet is to just go to the store and ask