Price Advice Price of 2012 MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by traumuhhtize, Jul 9, 2013.

1. traumuhhtize macrumors member

I have a 2012 base model MBP so it has an i5 2.5 GHz processor and I upgraded the RAM to 16gb and that's clocked at 1600 mhz. I'm thinking about selling it and building a new computer. Maybe a hackintosh. It has no scratches and it's always been used with a keyboard protector so the keys aren't glossy. It's been in an Incase case ever since I've had it. What would the price be without the box but with the manuals? Thanks everyone.

2. sonicrobby, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013

sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

A little less than what they'd go for on the refurb store. Seems they dont have any of that type... Assuming that i5 is a quad core. I would say maybe around the $1800 range since you have upgraded RAM. But wait and see what other people say. Im just guestimating

3. traumuhhtize thread starter macrumors member

Sorry I forgot to mention that it's 13 inches and it's dual core with 375 battery cycles.

4. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Lol no its ok, it was dumb of me to assume it was a 15" when they dont even have i5s :p

well in the refurb store, the base model is going for $1020. And thats only with 4GB of RAM. So maybe $900 to $1000 might be an ok price? Im not familiar with battery cycles (like how many computers usually last on), but if other members come around Id get advice from them too. In your head, what would you look to sell it for?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.