Price of iBook G3 Clamshell?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by AmazingHenry, Jun 23, 2017.

1. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

As you may have read, I'm selling a lot of my PPCs and making the move to Intel. At first I wanted to hold onto my Clamshell as it's collectable, but I decided to just sell it and take the money now. For one thing, it still has a very old hard drive in it (it may even be original, but I don't think so as it's a 10GB) and it could break at any time, meaning I'd have to replace the drive before selling. And I'm really not interested in doing that.

So, I'm going to sell it while it works. Somebody with the knowledge of repairing hard drives can buy it and upgrade the drive once it dies.

So, what do you think the price would be on this model? It's the 366MHz FireWire Indigo, the most common one. I also have the original Yo-Yo charger if that adds any value. Well, that charger may not work anymore, because of the big sewage backup in our basement today (over 4 inches of sewage flooded the whole basement :confused:), but I'm hoping it will work after it dries out.

What do you guys think?

2. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I paid a little over $40 my indigo FW in the box with the restore disks and accessories(video out and a few other odds and ends). It came out to right at $60 with shipping.

3. RhianB macrumors 6502

RhianB

I think $60 is fair for a clamshell ibook with suspect hard drive and a well marinated stinky sewer charger.

4. Adamscomputerrepair macrumors 6502

Adamscomputerrepair

I'd probably go for $60. Unless you replace the drive then maybe $80

Also sorry about your basement. Sounds like y'all are dealing with a lot of crap right now

5. AmazingHenry thread starter macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

Thanks everyone. Everybody says $60 so I'm selling it for that to another user here.