Price Advice Price on Mid 2011 27" iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MrPo0ter, Aug 5, 2014.

1. MrPo0ter macrumors newbie

I'm trying to sell my iMac. I've been searching for people selling ones similar to mine on Ebay, Craigslist, etc. and I haven't found any that fit my exact specs, so I was hoping you guys could help me out.

Specs:
    Mid 2011 27" iMac
    3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    8GB DDR3 Ram
    AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024MB

Also I have Windows 7 installed via Bootcamp. Would this increase the value, or would I be better off wiping the whole thing? I've also misplaced the keyboard.

Thanks!

2. mrcowdude20 macrumors regular

Regarding this part, I wouldn't buy a computer off of someone if it hadn't been restored to factory. Never know if the seller installed a tracker or virus. Just my personal opinion on that.

3. MrPo0ter thread starter macrumors newbie

Good call, that's what I assumed, just wanted to make sure.

4. firedept, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014

firedept macrumors 603

firedept

From what I have found on Ebay of completed auction that have sold with your iMac's specs, they were selling in the $1250-1450 US range. The slightly higher priced ones had more RAM or bigger HDD. The one with your exact specs was at the bottom side of those prices.

Yes, wipe the iMac clean. Selling the machine with additional software is not going to raise the value. I would never buy a machine if it was not factory restored. That software is not why a potential buyer is looking at purchasing your machine. It is the specs of the machine.

5. Jardins de Vin macrumors 6502a

Jardins de Vin

I've sold mine recently for € 1310.

Specs:
    2011 27" iMac
    Intel Quad Core i5 (3,1 GHz)
    16 GB RAM
    AMD Radeon 6970M 1024 MB

Also included was:
    - Magic Mouse
    - Wireless Keyboard
    - Original Box

It was in mint condition. No scratches or whatsoever Maybe that helps you!

Oh and: I first didn't know what price I should ask for either, but mac2sell.net helped me. Just put the original RAM there. I had 32 GB in mine, and when I entered this, it told me my Mac is worth over € 2000 haha. But I had payed only € 120 for the 32 GB so it made no sense.

6. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

That price seems about right.