Price on pay & go?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PowerFullMac, Jun 10, 2008.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

What do you think the price of the pay & go iPhone on o2 be?

I am hoping £150-£200... Hopefully less then £200, though! Or I wont be gettin' one for my birthday! Which luckily is in July! :p

2. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

pay as you go will be a few weeks later than the initial launch

so you may be waiting for a while!

3. mhuk01 macrumors 6502

where does it say that?

4. zen macrumors 68000

zen

I'm hoping it's £199 or less, otherwise I'm just getting a touch!

And I can't find any indication that PAYG will be available later than contract?

5. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Oh yeah, and heres to hoping that we get unlimited data with pay & go!

6. zen macrumors 68000

zen

I'm assuming that we won't, but I have no idea - do any PAYG plans in the UK have unlimited data?

7. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

No, but they do have a way to get a certain amount of free data with every top up, like if I top up £10 I will get 20MB free data, £20 its 50MB, £30 100MB... Something like that, o2 also have things called bolt-ons which do things similar to that.

8. RobTuck macrumors regular

At a guess, providing you make regular top-ups (e.g. £15 per month), you'll probably get a certain amount of inclusive data, although this would likely only be a small amount, say 10MB. They'll then most likely expect you to buy an unlimited data bolt-on, which currently costs £7.50 a month.

9. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

All the other three says available now..

pay as you go is coming soon

10. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

That bolt-on aint bad, as long as the small print dosent say its actually limited :rolleyes:

11. senorFunkyPants macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

I thinks it subject to fair usage of 200mb/month.

12. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Hopefully we won't wait to long for PAYG after the contract launch.

13. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Available now? I'm not seeing anything that says that. Where are you looking? Apologies if I'm being dim.

All I see is that there are pricing models for the iPhone on a pay monthly basis and that O2 PAYG will be coming soon. But the iPhone isn't available until 11th of July so they may have a PAYG pricing model by then?

14. zen macrumors 68000

zen

Yeah I think what the website says is that the plans are available now, and the PAYG plan will be available when the iPhone 3G comes out in July.

If you read the PAYG > New to O2 tab, it says if you register they'll send more info in early July.

So there will be no delay for PAYG customers once the iPhone 3G arrives in the UK - or rather, any delays will just be caused by lack of stock.

But I expect with the new prices Apple will have manufactured MILLIONS of them!

15. MacMalv macrumors regular

i am really considering this, the reason being is i don't really make that many calls or texts. My current phone uses about £10 a month. Therefore if i can add a bolt-on for unlimited data, it will cost me alot less then the £35 monthly contract.
    my one concern will be the price of the phone? how much do reckon it will be? under £200?

16. zen macrumors 68000

zen

I would hope so, but the 8GB iPod touch is £199, and I can't see an 8GB iPhone being cheaper than that, given that it is everything the touch is PLUS a 3G phone with lots of extra features.

I'd hope it was £199 (because some people don't want a phone, they just want an iPod), but I guess it will be more. I wish O2 would hurry up an announce the price!

17. Antj29 macrumors member

Anybody expecting paygo to be under 200 is mad, its going to be over 300 for sure, without the 18 month tie in they're not going to be subsidised at all.

I expect 350 to be the figure for a payasgo otherwise they'll get no uptake on the contracts. End of day it will be worth it as people have been hapily buying the ipod touch for 269, so now with GPS, 3g phone its going to be worth 350

18. MacMalv macrumors regular

SJ did say something that it would cost no more then $199 worldwide. but don't hold me too it as i have not watched the keynote yet.

19. 03sho macrumors 6502a

But didn't Jobs sya it wouldn't cost more than $199 worldwide?

20. MacMalv macrumors regular

Im expecting the cost of the touch to come down in price, maybe 16gb down to about £200. but then it all depends on the cost of the flash memory. what do you think?

21. markym07931 macrumors regular

the price he was quoting

was on a contract..

seriously.. the phone is £99 on a tarrif, you really expect to be able to get it for £200 on PAYG... i personally think you're living in a dreamland..

other phones currently available on PAYG at £239 is the SE K850i... so you'll ewasily be looking at another £100 on top of that price for the iphone IMO

22. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The subsidized price was expected to be about that, without the provider instant rebate -- expect more.

Basically $199 with the provider 2yr or whatever contract.

No MSRP listed as yet, but AT&T at least said the price that Apple expects to get hasn't changed.