Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tim018

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2009
Hi guys,

I'm about to go pick up a used imac for ios development, but I wanted to check in to make sure I'm getting a good price. The settled price is $425 for a mid 2010 imac, i3, 8gb and 500gb hdd.

Is that a good price for that model and will it be good enough for ios development? I'll be using my other computers below for my regular development. Thanks!

Tim

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Any Mac model in recent years can easily handle the iOS development workload.

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

Tim018

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2009
That makes sense, the price on mac2sell is 710, but I didn't know if that was out of date. Please let me know if you have any other input on if this is a good deal or not, thank you!

Tim018

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2009
Thanks again for your reply, I'm once again a part of the mac world! The specs were even better than advertised!

I look forward to developing in iOS!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.