Price Point

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Macaddicttt, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Am I the only one who's sick of seeing the term "price point" misused in practically every single front page story? See Wikipedia for what a price point is. Every time I have seen it used on this site it has been used to refer to a "price."

The Best Buy inventory screenshots show off the upcoming $1,999 MacBook Pro, not the "$1,999 price point MacBook Pro." $1,999 is quite simply just a price. Why everyone on this forum has the need to constantly say "price point" is beyond me. It's completely incorrect and feels rather pretentious.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I sort of see what you mean, but presumably $1999 is a price point, and Apple has a MacBook Pro model priced to meet that price point.

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I know exactly how you feel. I get the same way when people refer to computers and cars as investments.

trust me I could post for pages on that one and its technical definition v. what people consider. I mean surely anytime you're spending that much on something its an investment ... well no sorry.

Well and your point applies to the front page as to other users like mine but I definitely understand it and appreciate someone else pointing it out .