Price Reduction...Is it coming soon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gazfocus, Aug 31, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I have just captured these 2 screenshots of the UK Apple Education Store and the first one shows prices missing, and the 2nd one shows all options for the Macbook missing...and if you look, at the top it says "Mac Pro from £1369" whereas now, the store has reverted to "Mac Pro from £1608.58".

Do you think there is a price reduction coming soon?

Attached Files:

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I don't know why you're using that skin for Firefox but it seems something has messed up with your browser. I get a full, proper page when I visit that link, which incidentally is the regular education store. Apple offers even bigger discounts plus a free three year warranty when you visit the Higher Education store.

Mac Pro's true "from" price on that store is £1314.83 for the single Quad Xeon model.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The UK has two Education Stores? One of which gives you free AppleCare?!

4. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone got a link to the HE store....As the link I had was for the University of Camberidge and the Ipod prices are cheaper on your screen shot then the link I have...

EDIT the link I have is cheaper! Macbook pro prices are cheaper and the apple care is £58!

5. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Number one: I hate windows anyway, and I happen to like the firefox skin :p

Number two: I am not the only one reporting this. User 'Shan21' has reported problems accessing the store also.

Number three: I know I'm on the regular education store, as you can't access the Higher Education store unless you're on a University campus (which I'm not as it's summer break).

6. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Yes, the UK has (at least) two separate education stores. The first is the one you see in these screenshots and it offers basic discounts on the regular Apple Store prices.

The second is located at http://apple.procureweb.ac.uk and offers much larger discounts along with a free 3 year warranty when you buy a Mac. As far as I am aware Apple no longer offers discounts on iPods.

[​IMG]

7. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Yeah but the AppleCare doesn't include the extended phone support.

Wow, I hadn't noticed the prices of ipods were less too! but they are. The ipods on the current education store are same as the normal store. Maybe these reflect the new pricing???

8. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I still have no idea where you got those first two pages from. When I visit the uk-edu store I get this:

[​IMG]

9. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

That's my point. There was a blip in the website - when I first tried to access it, it came up 'error serving request'. I then refreshed the page, and the store loaded, and those 2 pages were the result of the website at that time.

Shan21 also posted in the 'U.K. 'Back to School' Promo Starts On Monday' thread that he got the same 'error serving request' message.

The route I took was went to: apple.com/uk/store then clicked on 'Education Store' then 'Shop Now'