Price reduction on Airs

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Rchawks, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Rchawks macrumors member

In what time frame can we expect to see a reduction or sale on MacBook airs due the release of the new models?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple moves the old models to the refurb site and sells them at a slight discount, they don't "cut" the price any other way (for the most part).

3. MarvinHC macrumors 6502a

The Mac Airs have been reduced recently, so I would not expect much in the near future.

4. didactic macrumors newbie

I don't see them dropping the price until some sort of update comes out.

I'm going to make my move using the 100 dollar off education discount and geting a 13inch 8gb 256gb air

Seems better then best 150 off and you have to get base model.

5. idelgado782 macrumors newbie

If you go to the post office and pick up a movers pack there is a 10% off coupon that you can stack with the education discount and save EVEN more. I did it almost two weeks ago. Purchased a 13.3 open box 256gb 2014 model, excellent condition for $725 after sale price, education discount, and movers coupon!

6. didactic macrumors newbie

From the recent postings i have seen they have disabled stacking the coupons.

did you have any trouble when you went in for it?

Apparently though dont even stack if you are able to convince them to scan it.

7. idelgado782 macrumors newbie

I purchased mines on the 20th of June and didn't have any issues. I also didn't ask any questions about them being able to stack. I showed them my phone for the promo code for the education discount, then handed over the movers coupon. The rep applied both with no questions asked. Also I purchased an open box model, where on the education discount says it cannot be applied to, however it worked anyway. Its worth a shot. The worse they tell you is that you can't stack them. But again I wouldn't go out of my way to ask. Id just hand everything over.

8. Rchawks thread starter macrumors member

Was this purchased from the apple store or someplace like best buy?
    For that matter can you purchase a MacBook somewhere like best buy and still buy AppleCare from apple?

9. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Yes to the AppleCare question.

I also did the stacking with no problem, questions or anything. Worth the try for anyone in the market and the 11inch base is plenty for my needs. That price cannot be beat anywhere.

10. idelgado782 macrumors newbie

Yes this was purchased at best buy. And yes you can buy the applecare from apple as long as you are within the 90 days of purchase. Also apple has the applecare for the MBA in their education store for $183 and it's regularly priced at $249

11. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Apple Care can actually be purchased anytime in the first year and definitely grab that education discount on it:)

12. idelgado782 macrumors newbie

Thanks! I didn't know that!

13. Rchawks thread starter macrumors member

I think the 90 day limit may refer to the AppleCare + option.

14. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Purchase the AppleCare for MBA from B&H Photo as it is about $70.00 cheaper (and with no tax/free shipping it was actually nearly $100 less expensive to where I live in SoCal). Just bought mine there (after nearly a year) and had no problem registering with Apple. B&H is a AAR and buy the AppleCare direct from Apple at wholesale and just sell it for a lot less to get Apple people to their site. Great deal!