HomePod Price Swayed You To Return Homepod?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by AppleRobert, Mar 12, 2018.

1. AppleRobert macrumors 603

All told in the end it was the biggest factor for me.

It depends on one’s needs I suppose. There are a lot cheaper alternatives out there at this point and they can satisfy one pretty well to get pretty close to the HP. The latter just was not worth it for $349.

2. Jesla macrumors 6502a

Jesla

Nope, bought a second one the next day and will add one or two next month.

3. ProphetX macrumors 6502

Bought a 2nd one the next day and a 3rd 2 weeks later. Functionality is underwhelming but for now i just need it for music. HomePod is not ideal unless you have a pretty robust apple eco system.

4. cyclingplatypus macrumors 65816

cyclingplatypus

I kept mine, I had been using chromecast audio and a few different speakers - I like the sound and I achieve the same functionality that I did with the chromecast audio with a couple of airport expresses and an old apple tv - I have to play music from iTunes on my iMac but I'm happy overall and will pick up another HP or two in the future to replace the AEX and apple tv - I've been banking some best buy bucks, maybe I'll pick up an open box HP with them.

5. chabig macrumors 603

Why would price be a factor after purchase? If you can't afford it, you shouldn't be buying it.

6. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

You could wait to see how Google and Amazon respond to the HomePod in their next generation devices. I am hoping that they really amp up their audio prowess in response to the market. But then the Google Home Max is already more expensive than the HomePod, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were price conscious.

7. AppleRobert, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018

AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

It is not a question of affording it, folks can get a cheaper assistant equipped speaker or just an audio sound only option speaker if they want to and I bet some have and have not looked back.

Is it WORTH $349, not to me and some others. The sound is pretty good, not great and Siri blows. I can not believe what the heck it comes up with lots of times when I asked to play something. And its assistant voice volume, come on Apple.

Many just tested the waters, I did and sorry Apple. Has nothing to do with affording it. I guess I better phrase my next query thread post leaving no guess work but I think many knew where I was coming from.

8. sam2428 macrumors 6502

Don’t forget, this forum gets extremely defensive quick if you question anything Apple lol.

With that said, the price point has really been what has stopped me from buying it. Mainly because I have speakers already and I’m not sure if it’s a worthy addition to my house at the moment. I also have a google home mini which I never use as an assistant.

Sure, I can afford one...or three...if I really wanted, but I value my hard earned money. It’s a personal choice you have to make if that’s worth it to you or if you would rather spend that money elsewhere.