prices and discounts on macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soni2926, Jan 15, 2010.

1. soni2926 macrumors member

hi,
    I was looking into buying a macbook pro, just had a couple of questions, are the prices fixed, i mean are the same everywhere, regardless of if i'm buying from the apple store or from another retailer like bestbuy? Also how to discounts work? I work for the govnt, i believe we get a 10% discount, is that something I can get at a store or just online?

thanks.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The price is fixed, but some places may offer a rebate or throw some extra's in like a printer or something.

The only discounts I know of if student discounts or if you belong to apple's developer connection.

3. briancl macrumors newbie

If you have some kind of corporate discount, then you probably receive that through a special online Apple Store where the discounted prices are shown.

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Discounts are typically available online, however, the physical store can also give them on hardware. Not sure if the Gov't one is only online or not. Call your local Apple Store and ask them.

5. Ava's Meeshee macrumors member

Are the third-party resellers like PowerMax pretty much close to current day value in price for hardware? IOW are the Apple clearance prices right after refreshes pretty close to what third parties charge before refreshes?

6. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Amazon usually has some of the best prices. You get free shipping, and in most states you don't get charged sales tax. For most people the price is better than any apple store discount (corporate or education) after you factor in sales tax. You might be able to save a few through some other mac retailers, but typically you have to mess around with and wait for rebates.

7. tommy8884 macrumors member

I get discount through epp on the apple store. In the uk that is