Prices for replacement phone; AT&T vs. Sweden's Telia

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnFa, Jun 25, 2009.

1. JohnFa macrumors regular

So. I've been reading alot about people in the US whos phone breaks and they have to buy a new one from and they have to buy a new one for $199. Boy you've got it good.
    Yesterday, I checked with Telia how much a new phone would cost if it breaks: $741. And that's still for the 3G! Even with the 3GS coming on July 9 there's no discount. The price is high as it is and they don't have a discount, even with a new version of the phone coming soon.

Other prices: you want your screen replaced: $494.

2. aerospace macrumors 6502a

3. applecheese macrumors member

you're getting confused with AT&T's subsidised prizes and you're not adding in inflation and what not.

4. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

Wrong apple will take your phone replace it and charge u the subsized price.

5. JohnFa thread starter macrumors regular

I know, but the thing is; Americans are getting a subsidized price which is FAR cheaper than our Swedish, even counting inflation. Right now, you can get a 8GB iPhone 3G for $99. It's still over $700 here, a difference of more than $600. Inflation almost 100%? The price of Dollars has gone up, but not by 100%.

Besides these were the prices when the 3G was launched, and these are the price one year later.