Price's of a powerbook duo dock..

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by 95yjman, Sep 22, 2013.

1. 95yjman macrumors member

95yjman

I'm looking for a duo dock for my powerbook duo 230.. I really want a duo dock mini.. but the prices people are asking for these things are in the 200 dollar range! Is that what they really go for these days? I guess I would be happy with just a floppy disk drive adapter but that too is getting hard to find these days..

I have a duo dock plus but no monitor.. and I'm not sure if it works or not.

2. havokalien macrumors 6502a

havokalien

VGA adapter

Ok suggestions, last to first for you.

If you have a dock but need a monitor use a DB15 to VGA adapter. Still easy to find. I have a few if you can't find any locally.

I have both docks you're asking for, I may be talked into parting with one but I suggest a monitor adapter for what you have first.

3. 95yjman thread starter macrumors member

95yjman

Rock on, I found a couple old apple displays I don't know if they will work with the duo dock I have, but should work with some of my other machines that where missing monitors. Which brings me to my next question.. are older mac displays getting hard to come by? I'm not talking about the studio displays and what not, Ones like the RGB displays, multi-scan displays, monochrome ones, performa plus display's, and so for..

4. havokalien macrumors 6502a

havokalien

Yes

Harder is a realative term, they are CRT so they are getting recycled more. I have a few I keep for testing video but I use adapters and small old LCDs for regular use.