Price Advice Pricing for July 2011 13 inch MBA?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Geekbabe, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

I have a 13 inch MBA with 4GB memory, 128GB SSD, it was purchased as a refurb from the Apple store and is less than 6 months old. I'm thinking of selling it on Craig's list and using the funds to upgrade when the refreshes come down.

The MBA has had a Wrapsol skin on it since day one, it also has Apple care through Dec 2014. What should I ask for the system?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I use mac2sell.net to get a feeler for the price and then adjust down if it's not selling.

3. Geekbabe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

That site gives me a price quote of $540, LOL,I'm thinking I can do better than that but thanks for responding.

4. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

I just used it and got a quote of $960.

Attached Files:

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Go to eBay and check completed listings. Never trust the info on any of the we sell, we price sites, they are always low compared to what you can get. It says my 2008 "Collector's Edition" Unibody MacBook - 13.3" 2GB RAM 250 GB HDD Superdrive is worth $390. I know I can get $500-650 for it. Pristine condition, skinned - no scratches, 96% original battery life, 10.6.8, iLife '09.

Oh and to the poster above, the MBA doesn't have a superdrive and the OP didn't mention including an external. But you do have to consider that it will sell for slightly less as a refurb.