Price Advice Pricing on early 2011 13-inch MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Vanquer, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Vanquer, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012

Vanquer macrumors newbie

I'm looking to sell my Early 2011 13-inch MacBook Pro, purchased last July. It has an i5 processor, is in excellent condition and a 256 GB Samsung 830 SSD Drive, along with 8GB of RAM along with all the original packaging/cords/install disks.

--

I'm a student, and when the new MacBook Air (specs anyway) and Pro (with retina) were announced, I decided to purchase an 11-inch MacBook air (for easy carry between classes and travel), and will hopefully purchase the 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro soon as well to use as my main laptop. I'm selling the 13-inch to offset the cost of the Retina display MacBook Pro as much as possible.

How much do you think I can reasonably ask for it? Also, I was told craigslist is the best place to sell it, is that accurate?

Thank you.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay, or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.