Pricing on Refurbed iPod Shuffles

Discussion in 'iPod' started by brn2ski00, Feb 19, 2008.

1. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Now that a new 1GB iPod Shuffle is $49, what will the price of the refurbed ones be?

Love to get one at $29!

2. brn2ski00 thread starter macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

They are here! $39, not too bad. Just bought a purple one for my wife, you really can't beat the price. Cost me $40 shipped...

3. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

A couple of months ago,I paid $25 for a refurb Shuffle.

4. brn2ski00 thread starter macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Where? Was it the current generation?

5. blackbelt macrumors regular

This really isn't that great of a deal, if you can spend $10 more to get a new one! Does anyone have any predictions on when it will go down to a more reasonable price in respect to the new $50 price for the new 1BG Shuffle?

6. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

1G Shuffles.

7. blackbelt macrumors regular

was that at the apple online store, or at a retail store?

8. amanda kathryn macrumors regular

well, figure that it's 20%, or as they like to say, 50% off of $79, which is only partially true. they might as well say 60% off the original price of $99.

refurbished macs and other model ipods vary from around 15-30% off, so the shuffle at 20% is spot on, just in dollar amount it doesn't sound like much.

9. brn2ski00 thread starter macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Anyways, just got the purple one in the mail today for my wife. Another refurbed product and another pleased Apple buyer.

No joke, the 3 refurbed iPods (2 Nanos and 1 shuffle) that I have boughten are brand new looking. There is not one ding, scratch or anything of notice on them. Furthermore, with flash based products like the lower end iPods, there really should be no need to ever buy them new. :apple:

IMO....

10. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

Yes I love Apple refurbs even the computers. The MacBook Air is the only machine I have bought new in a long time, I got my G4 powerbooks as refurbs and they arrived looking and acting perfect in every way.

But I could not hold out for a refurb MacBook Air to show up, I caved in a few hours after the keynote, just long enough to work out how I was going to put a chokehold on my budget to pay for it. Such a great machine, I would eat rice and beans for two years for that thing.

Anyway I didn't mean to hijack thread away from refurb shuffles. I have a refurb pink shuffle, it's my favorite and goes everywhere with me. Almost threw it in the wash one night when I had it clipped on a dark pink sweatshirt, ai ai ai. Close call, I don't think they wash up real good... :eek:

11. anotherarunan macrumors 6502

1gb previous gen shuffles are £29 here. around $60

12. brn2ski00 thread starter macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

You never know.... those things are like small tanks!

13. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

Yeah, the shuffles are great for worry-free use, with no screen to scuff up.

I once sent one skittering down a 40-foot run of a dairy barn's main aisle, in an accidental throwdown from up in a hay mow. It was none the worse for wear.

I had just meant to unclip it from my shirt and stick it onto a different part of the shirt's neckline because I was afraid the edges of the hay bales I was moving around were going to dislodge it. It resisted, I tugged harder, finally got the pressure on the clip but by then I was pulling it too and away it went on its sixty-foot adventure. Not sure even a nano would have taken that abuse. In a way I was glad it happened to flip down the ladderway, else I might still be up there amid the bales looking for the thing.

14. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

You might be surprised. The old white ones would go through the wash. My son's did...

So did this guys:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=138470

Haven't heard about any of the new ones though...