Pricing

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Z8beema, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Z8beema macrumors 6502

Z8beema

do you think the aw2 pricing will be the current pricing (300 &350) for sport and so on.. Or the original 350/400?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Most likely. Sport between $350-$400.00, Stainless between $550-$600.00. And upward with additional casing options if applicable.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You can bet it will cost at least as much as the original AW sold for.

Could be discounted later but only after initial sales.

4. Z8beema thread starter macrumors 6502

Z8beema

You guys don't think it could possibly be like an original iPhone deal where Apple was kind of feeling out the market and then dropped the price?

5. BillyStone macrumors newbie

Not less than 350 and not more than 500. :)
    The price for AW sport will be about $375, I guess.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They cut the price after nearly a year (and only on the Sport models) and would have done the same anyway had they debuted the AW2 back then. That's hardly the same as Apple's feeling out the market and dropping prices on the iPhone after a couple of months.

Nobody really knows so it could go either way.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple didn't cut the price of the iPhone but embraced the idea of a subsidized contact and so with ATT they offered the iPhone at a drastically lower cost for the consumer.

The Apple watch is a different animal, and Apple already lowered the price, so I find it hard for apple to go and cut the price of the AW2 and have additional features. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a lower price, but I'm of the opinion that it won't occur.

8. Obi Wan Kenobi macrumors 6502

Obi Wan Kenobi

I agree. AW2 will be at the same price points as the current AW.

I'd like lower prices, but I don't think they'll reduce them further. Having needed to adjust the price down last year, I don't think they'd hike them up again so soon. I think they reduced the price to increase sales. A new model will give a short term spike but won't help long term numbers.

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

• :apple:Watch 2: Probably the same price point
    • :apple:Watch 1.5 w/S2 chip: Will be the price point leader and will probably start abut $250 (or maybe $225) for 38mm Sport and about equal percentage reductions up the line

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The OP was talking about the original iPhone on which they dropped the prices by $200 a couple of months or so after debut.