Pricing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Losium, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Losium macrumors newbie

Looking at Ebay, for the sake of curiosity, I have noticed that the prices on Powerbooks and iBooks are incredibly high. Being that they are so outdated (Speed-wise) When do you guys think they will go below the 500 dollar range? How about thr 300 dollar range?

Also I wonder why a 12" iBook seems to sell for the same price as the 12" Powerbook. Is it because nobody knows what anything is worth?

I find it scary that a 12" iBook with Applecare and less HD/RAM can sell for 800 dollars, only 100 less than one can get a Macbook for on the Apple refurb site. (Or does it sell for 799?)
    It's jsut annoying that my computer seems to have only a TAD more value than an iBook that is REALLY slow compared to my computer..

2. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

You will noticed that Macs hold their value a long time. iBooks and Powerbooks are still used, and people still want them. For whatever reason, people may like PPC over Intel (Like me.) I aso think that the hardware of the iBooks/Powerbooks is different than that of the new Macbooks.

3. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

they're new switchers looking for a comp based on specs rather than processor.. i've seen PBs like mine go for 1200!!

4. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Part of their high prices has to do with the fact that macs tend to hold their value longer, while the other part is that people tend to overpay for some things on ebay. Also, some people still prefer powerpc based processors to run apps natively, rather than through rosetta on an intel based mac.