Pride Band Available Separately

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by cambookpro, Jun 5, 2017.

1. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Not sure if this was mentioned at the keynote, but the pride Woven Nylon is now available to purchase separately (same price as other Woven Nylons).

Also new are Mist Blue, Pollen and Flamingo Sport Bands, the new Nike colours, and a Sunflower Classic Buckle.

2. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Where do you see it? I am not finding it on the website.

EDIT: Ok found it on the main watch page, but when you click it says no longer available on apple.com

3. CarlJ macrumors 68020

CarlJ

Just ordered the pride band and a new nike one a moment ago from the Apple Store app on my iPhone.

4. pcall1128 macrumors 6502a

pcall1128

Is it just me or is the Pride band a little bit different in terms of design then the version released to employees?

5. nl85 macrumors newbie

It is. The 2016 one has like 9 colors (going by various pictures, never seen one in person) whereas this one has only 6 (going by the Apple Store pictures) which is the "standard" gay flag scheme. Honestly I think the 2017 one looks better.

6. csurfr macrumors 6502a

When I was in store a bit ago it was on the site and then "unavailable". However it is in the Apple Store App. Strange bug that one.

7. purequaterion macrumors newbie

Same experience for me on the Apple web store: it was there and then when I went to buy a bit later, it said it was unavailable. Now you can't seem to see it at all on the web store. I was able to buy it through the Apple app though for pickup at a store, and got a confirmation email.

Hopefully just a web glitch.

8. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Oh, there is a slight difference, the way the colors progress, kinda like the older, orig look a little better. The new one looks more like the knockoffs.

9. CarlJ macrumors 68020

CarlJ

Gluing together some images from the web...

PrideBandComparison.jpg

10. csurfr macrumors 6502a

Well, that explains why Apple added purple to the colors of the watch faces in iOS 11.

11. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

This is my knockoff band, i definitely think the new pride band looks better and more vibrant. I'll post a side by side comparison when my genuine one arrives on monday.

IMG_1252.jpg

12. mhoutman, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017

mhoutman macrumors 6502

mhoutman

Completely different color scheme than the knockoff band pictured above. I love it :)

Knockoff: dark blue, light blue, green, yellow, orange-red ? (mid blue adapters)

Pride edition: purple, blue, green , yellow, orange, red (red adapters)

Attached Files:

13. barrybluejeans, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017

barrybluejeans macrumors newbie

barrybluejeans

Did you get it in-store or order it for delivery? Mine was sposta arrive today–spent all day "out for delivery"–and recently just switched to "pending" with no delivery date. :(

Update! It has arrived! I feel bad for my poor fedex guy out delivering packages at nearly 11 PM. He said they've been all kinds of screwed up today. But I'm thrilled to have my rainbow band!

14. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

I might be the only strait guy that ordered this but I just recieved it and it looks great with my 42mm Space Black SS.

15. Darrensk8 macrumors 6502

Darrensk8

I went to pick mine up yesterday and I'm totally loving it :)

The only difference I would have liked is for the lugs to be metal instead of plastic.

16. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

You're not. My son has one and he's straight. I have one (I'm female) and I'm straight. I just think they're pretty and we're allies, soo....

I like this one better than the original. I had an original but it looked a bit washed out to me. I bought it on eBay and it was authentic due to the markings. I sold it for double what a paid for it, and I'm glad I did since this one came out this year. :)

17. pcall1128 macrumors 6502a

pcall1128

I have the original and I'm straight. i just like rainbows

18. CarlJ macrumors 68020

CarlJ

This. I'm straight, I like rainbows and bright colors. I have a bunch of gay friends. The rainbow flag isn't about "gays only straight people keep out", it's inclusive, the whole idea is everybody should be treated equally. If my wearing it messes with the sensibilities of someone who wants to discriminate against others because of who they are, well... good.

19. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

20. mhoutman macrumors 6502

mhoutman

not really, but wearing it makes me 'gay' :)

21. greensalad macrumors regular

greensalad

Got mine yesterday! It's so bright and looks great won't the Activity watch faces.

22. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I got one too. I don't think it looks that great with the Space Gray I have. I think it might go better but with the silver alum watch. but it might grow on me. Glad Apple is offering these. I don't like all those muted pastelly Nylon band colors they've been offering.

23. WarHeadz, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017

WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Got my band today! Here's a side by side comparison with the knockoff. It's definitely much more vibrant. IMG_1285.JPG IMG_1287.JPG

24. Darrensk8 macrumors 6502

Darrensk8

Nice...I've not taken mine off since I bought it