primatte in shake

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by cml91, Jun 12, 2007.

1. cml91 macrumors newbie

hi im new to using shake and im wondering does anyone know a descriptive tutorial on how to get the best results from primatte because im doing a green screen project and i need some help

2. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

3. banjomamo macrumors regular

its been awhile but try the shake manual. there are lots of walkthroughs in it.

4. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

Judging by the computer he/she has, unless they got an academic version, they probably don't have a manual for it, if you know what I mean. I support this sort of use, how else can young people that don't have much money learn these tools and decide they might be interested in this line of work? I would check out the [website name removed] for some tutorials, also look for podcasts. The Creative Cow Community is amazing too. Good luck...

5. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

Interesting... To me, Shake seems dirt cheap

Anyways - I'm not at my Mac right now, but I seem to remember that PDF versions of the manuals are installed with the software. And if not, Apple has them available for download:
    http://www.apple.com/support/manuals/shake/

cml91, you may want to look at chapter 6 ("Using Primatte") in the document called "Shake 4 Tutorials (Manual)".

But I also second the recommendation for the Apple Pro Training series book. I have learned most ofo what I know about Shake following the tutorials in that book.

- Martin

6. cml91 thread starter macrumors newbie

the shake and various other programs i have is from the film program i am taking at my school, my teacher let me borrow his shake cd to learn but i never asked him to borrow the manuals thanks for the tip ill ask him as soon as possible to borrow them

7. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

Yes, we had figured this much by now. That's why I was referring to the PDF versions of the manuals that are installed with the software. After you launch Shake, you can bring up the full manuals (electronic versions) from the "Help" menu.

- Martin

8. banjomamo macrumors regular

i recall a tutorial for primatte in the shake tutorials manual that was pretty decent.