Prince of Persia 4 under Bootcamp ?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by fredsarran, Apr 9, 2009.

1. fredsarran macrumors 6502

fredsarran

Hi guys,

I have Prince of Persia 4 for Mac, of course powered by Cider, so my iMac (3.06 + 4 GB + Nvidia) runs it at 1920 by 1200 with everything maxed out, but no Anti-Aliasing ! Well, it is very slow.

So I thought about running it under Bootcamp with Windows Vista Ultimate.

Will the performances be better ? Can I transfer my saved games from Mac to PC ?

Cheers.

2. fredsarran thread starter macrumors 6502

fredsarran

I just installed Win Vista Ultimate SP1 (and all updates) with Bootcamp, with all drivers found on Mac OS X Leopard CD, and I updated the graphic card with the drivers from "Laptop 2 Go" site" :

Prince of Persia 4 works fantastic, way better than on the Mac. All settings are maxed out besides anti-aliasing is on 4 instead of 8. Graphics look much better and performances are great and fluid. On the Mac, any type of setting makes the game somehow slow, partly because of being Ciderized, and that is a real pity.

Another thing, if you know where the saved games are under Mac version, you can copy them to the PC version, so you do not have to restart everything (and I believe you can do it the other way as well).

3. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Cider performance is unfortunately less than optimal :(
    It's horrid..