Print Album Art from an MP3

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Toaster Boy, May 18, 2010.

1. Toaster Boy macrumors newbie

PROBLEM: I'd like to find an EASY way to print JUST the album art from an MP3 in iTunes.

In iTunes when you click on the Album art it blows up to full size but you can't just select print and print that out (which I think is crazy).

I know you can print different CD Inserts from the print menu in iTunes, but I'm looking for a super easy way to print JUST the artwork (no track list) in the biggest size possible.

One workaround I've found is:
    1. Click on album artwork.
    2. When it expands to full size, right click on it and select copy.
    3. Open Preview and select New (Album art image is automatically place in new image).
    4. Hit print.

(Does the above work on a PC? I know there isn't Preview for PC's but is there a comparable program that would work in the same manner?

But is there an easier way? I'm looking for the simplest way to print album art from an MP3. Maybe there's another solution besides iTunes? Not looking for an applescript or anything.

Thanks for any help.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

So you wouldn't use an Applescript if it was easy?

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You can just save the image as another file in Windows and then print it

Anyway, Google image search is your friend in album art

4. Macmaniac411 macrumors member

Not the best way at all but you can take a selected screenshot (shft-cmd-4) of the album art when it is in full view in iTunes. Then when the picture is saved open in preview and print. =

5. Toaster Boy thread starter macrumors newbie

I would but I'm looking for a process I can tell less computer savvy folks (Mom & Dad) to use. An applescript that an MP3 can be dragged on is a possibility. Just looking for the path of least resistance.

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Google is really the easiest way, just google the album name and click image search and voilà. Tell them to look for big ones as well, there are huge ones available

7. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

I'm not sure what's wrong with the way you've been doing it. It's not that many steps, will be easy to get into a habit. Anything else suggested is the same amount of steps practically, what's the big problem?

8. Toaster Boy thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL. There's no PROBLEM.

I'm just looking for the simplest way to tell a newbie how to do it. I'm polling the 'hive mind' to see if there's a way I haven't thought of. Something simpler than the above. That's all.

I've been working with Apple stuff since the Apple IIe but I'm not afraid to admit there's people on here a lot smarter than I am and maybe there's an even SIMPLER way to do things.

9. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Oh right, it just already seems really simple :eek: