Print Blogger blog as Book

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tilpots, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Anybody have experience printing their blog in book form? Trying to figure out which service is best on quality, price, and flexibility. I've seen blog2print is teaming with Blogger bit they're rather expensive for an unknown quality. I also wasn't thrilled with the way it de-emphasized the photos. My blog is mostly pics, but the commentary and the viewer comments are important as well which is why I'm not using iPhoto or Aperature. Tips or recommendations?

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you, but I am very much interested in seeing if anyone else does. Though I am on the opposite end of the spectrum (mostly text, hardly any images), I was actually thinking about doing this same thing for some friends of mine that collaborate on a blog with me. Hopefully someone on MR has a good idea. Subscribed!

3. Tilpots thread starter macrumors 601

Tilpots

^^While I have no more info on these products, I did find deals for Blog2Print on Groupon. They appear to pop up every now and again in cities around the country, but you can buy them regardless of where you live. Still hoping someone with experience will chime in... I'd like to give the Blog Book as a Christmas present, so I will need to move on this soon.

4. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I don't have any experience, but I have read blogs and books by Joe the Peacock. He runs Mentally Incontinent, which is a blog that produced two books so far. You may want to poke around his site or contact him to see how he did it.

5. Tilpots thread starter macrumors 601

Tilpots

I checked out his site but it seems his book is a bit more "professional" than what I'm looking to do. He got a book deal and an honest to God publisher! My blog's not quite that popular.:eek:

Well I wasn't looking for comments on iPhoto books, but since nobody's seemingly gone the blog printing route, how about sharing your iPhoto book printing experiences? was the quality superb? Could you arrange the pictures how you wanted? Would it be feasible to add a good bit of text and titles to photos?

It's getting late to attempt this for Xmas, but it could always turn into a Bday present if I can't do it for the holidays...