Print button... doesnt work?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Mack Daddy, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Mack Daddy macrumors newbie

Hey Guys

at work we have a Windows Server 2008 box which has 3 printers shared on the network (2 Xerox C3370, 1 HP 4015)

We have about 40 Mac Snow Leopard machines that can print to these without issues

every Lion machine cannot..

I've Installed the printers via "advanced" then "windows printer via spoolss" which was the Snow Leopard way to do things

I've also installed them via IP / LDP to see if that's any better, no luck

I'm using the latest Xerox drivers which are said to work on lion, and the HP drivers that are already part of Lion

anyways the printers add fine, and I was actually able to print a test page on one machine

but in any program when I go to "print preview" the print button is flashing, when I click it, it stops flashing for a second (its thinking) then it just starts flashing again.. e.g. the button itself does nothing

I've got a few threads up with similar problems which I will try the suggestions listed but I'm yet to find someone with the same problem!

any idea's here?

2. dmiletic macrumors newbie

Any solution to the problem?

Hi,

I have the exact same problem and was wondering if you found I way how to fix it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
    Dejan

3. Mack Daddy thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi dmiletic

the HP printer was fixed by an apple software update that was released a few days after the issue, and Xerox released some new drivers around the same time which fixed it freezing on the C3370