Print duplex Brother HL-2270

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by markgsamuels, Apr 22, 2012.

1. markgsamuels macrumors newbie

I installed a new Brother HL 2270 laser printer yesterday, exclusively to print duplex copies of a 120 page thesis.
    The test-run worked well, but when I tried to print 25 minutes later, the "print two-sided" option had disappeared from my print options. Not grayed-out, just gone completely.

I'm printing from a Macbook Pro, using OS 10.7.3

Any ideas?
    If not, do any laser printers have a reputation for good driver interoperability with macs?

2. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

Sometimes that option needs to be manually set. Try System prefs>Printers then click on the Options & Supplies button. On the dialog that comes up, select the Driver tab. If there's a double sided option, check the box. I have to do this with my HP AIO to enable duplexing.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It sounds like you are not using the proper driver.

An aside. I am curious that you are printing a thesis two-sided. If you are doing this to save paper on printed drafts, then I understand. As a submitted document, be careful. Your graduate school has a style guide which includes exact margins. If there is a violation of the style guide, then your thesis will be rejected. You will have to reformat it to comply with the style guide.