Print from iPad (Numbers)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jrdbrn, Nov 1, 2010.

1. jrdbrn macrumors newbie

At my company, we purchased an iPad to test for our helicopter pilots to use while planning their flights. We use a custom Excel document that plots various information based on variables entered. I have downloaded Numbers which edits the Excel sheet half decent (maybe 75%), but we must print these documents as well. It is my understanding that this iPad is nearly useless for corporate use. Is there absolutely no way for me to print from Numbers without jumping through 100 hoops (aka transferring the document to a PC) to print?

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

There are paid apps out right now, or you can wait till iOS 4.2 comes out and get it natively.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

If you have HP or Canon Printer, they have free apps you can download and use. But, with iOS 4 just about few weeks away, I would wait and see how it goes.

4. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Unless you need them to print immediately, you could email them in PDF format, to a secretary or someone who can print them right away, or simply print them at the end of the day. Or simply keep them in PDF format until you really need to print them.

5. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

Yeah, waiting a few weeks until 4.2 is probably the best answer as others pointed out.

There are also a few printers (I know HP has a few, other brands too no doubt) that you can send an e-mail to. The printer receives the e-mail, trims off all of the "from/to/subject" stuff and just prints the body or any attachments.

I used one of these at a client's site to print directly from the iPad. I know it was an HP "all in one something or other" but I didn't make a note of the model number.