Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oliver23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Switzerland
Mmhh... I would like to print a Keynote presentation 800x600 on A4 paper full size. The problem is that I would like to get some more white space from the top of the paper. Because I'll create a small booklet with this papers after.

Does anybody know how to not center the Keynote print? :confused:

erickg

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2004
Off the top of my head, you could export your Keynote presentation as images and use another program (i.e. Pages) to layout these images the way you want on individual pages. A bit time consuming, but it should achieve what you want. I don't think it's possible to alter the printing preferences to get more white space on top though.

Good luck!

Edit: If you go to "Layout" in the print menu, there is an option for "Long-edged binding", when I select this option it looks like it might do what you want (judging from the tiny preview page).

Oliver23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Switzerland
erickg said:
Off the top of my head, you could export your Keynote presentation as images and use another program (i.e. Pages) to layout these images the way you want on individual pages. A bit time consuming, but it should achieve what you want. I don't think it's possible to alter the printing preferences to get more white space on top though.

Good luck!

Edit: If you go to "Layout" in the print menu, there is an option for "Long-edged binding", when I select this option it looks like it might do what you want (judging from the tiny preview page).

Thanks! But that option for "Longedged binding" doesen't make any changes on my prints. It should be what I need but doesn't work. Don't know why.

I can export the file as PDF and open it in Illustrator. Then move the content. But it ist to much, I have more then 60 slides.

erickg

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2004
Oliver23 said:
Thanks! But that option for "Longedged binding" doesen't make any changes on my prints. It should be what I need but doesn't work. Don't know why.

I can export the file as PDF and open it in Illustrator. Then move the content. But it ist to much, I have more then 60 slides.

This sounds like something that would be perfect for an Automator workflow. I have absolutely zilch experience with it, but there are numerous actions to be downloaded and lots of information and forums on the web. You could export the 60 slides from Keynote to tiff files and run them through an Automator workflow that places each individual tiff file on a new A4 sheet (in Pages/Word/Indesign, whichever program you have that has actions available) at the specified place. It would probably be a lot more hassle and take a lot more time to figure out how to do this than placing them individually, but it might be fun to learn. :p

Sorry if this was no help at all. :eek:

Edit: Another, perhaps simpler idea with regards to Automator, would be to download an action that allows to add a border to the images and an action that can combine multiple images to one pdf file. That way, all you would have to do in the workflow is, input the image files --> add border (set the color to white and diameters so that the border is larger on the top) --> combine the output image files to one pdf document. If these two simple actions are available, this shouldn't take more than a few minutes to set up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.