Print from MBP to Windows PC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by temiller, Sep 1, 2010.

1. temiller macrumors member

I've searched for this topic for a while, and I can't seem to find any ideas on how to get my Mac and Windows 7 PC to work together.

I have a Kodak ESP-3 connected via USB to my Desktop with Windows 7 on it. I've enabled sharing on my printer, and my roommates can print off my printer no problem at all.

When I tried to connect my mac to the printer, I'm at a loss. One guide I found told me to go to Applications > Utilities > The printer option (I can't remember what its called). The printing option isn't listed under utilities, or I'm passing over it. I went to system preferences and selected the printer, but my Kodak isn't coming up. I've enabled sharing on my mac, and same thing. I don't expect my Mac and Win machine to play nice together, but I'm hoping that at the very least I'll be able to print from my mac with out having to keep constantly unplugging my printer from my desktop.

My roommate just bought a new router a few weeks ago, but failed to get one capable of network printing, so picking up a new router is out of the question right now.

I downloaded Bonjour on my desktop, but I can't get it to find my printer.

Any ideas or know of any sites/guides I more than likely looked over? Thanks in advance.

2. temiller thread starter macrumors member

Wow, I feel stupid. Thanks for the quit response.