Print multiple copies on one page (in pages or in preview)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sttlr, Jul 7, 2012.

1. sttlr macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I haven't been on these forums in a while, so long that I even forgot my old username.

Anyways, here's my issue: I'm trying to print multiple pages of a one-page document. I know how to do it if it's not a one-page document, but when I try to print said document, it will change the layout of the page in preview and just puts the document in the top left of the page. I tried exercising some Google-fu, and nowhere could I find a solution to my problem. I know how to do it on a PC (I do that kind of thing all the time at work) but unfortunately not on my mac. Here's a screenshot of what I'm dealing with:

[​IMG]

I have tried choosing "From page _ to _", that does not fix it.
    It does not matter that I do not have a printer selected, as I am trying to save this document as a PDF.

This document is from Pages, which makes it difficult just to duplicate it for four pages (as a work-around), since I am using text boxes for part of the document. If there is an easy way to duplicate a page 4 times in pages, then tell me - however, that seems a little "low-rent". But, hey, if it fixes my problem then I'm okay with that!

Thanks to everyone willing to help me out.

2. Palladium macrumors member

Hi,

From your screenshot, you have selected 4 copies and also 4 pages per sheet. The latter is what is causing the behaviour you see. Change that to 1 page per sheet and you will get 4 full size copies of the document, whether it is 1 page or 100 pages.

If you want a document with 4 identical pages, save the a copy of the original Pages document as a pdf and then in the original Pages document, insert 3 more blank pages and insert a copy of the pdf file into each blank page. Then print any way you want.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

So wait, you have a one-page document you want four copies of? Or is there more going on I'm not figuring out? As noted, simply leaving the "Pages per sheet" setting as the default of 1 will fix the alignment issue, because that's designed so you can have four copies of the page on a single sheet of paper, just shrunken down. If you want that, just four copies of the same page on a single piece of paper, then you'll have to duplicate the pages as suggested.

jW

4. endroux macrumors newbie

Possible Solution

copy and paste your one page into the appropriate number of pages. I've done this and it works. Unfortunately i haven't found a way to do it the way you are trying.:cool:

5. SLP01 macrumors newbie

Unfortunately this issue is why I continue to have to use Parallels on my Mac so that I can run MS Publisher (which I hate having to do.) But I do a lot of postcards and things where I need the ability to print 2 or 4 up. It's too time consuming to have to change 2 or 4 copies of what I've created if I find an error or update information.

I wish it wasn't this way. My publications look and print better from Pages.