Print order anomaly / Paypal related

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by niuniu, Feb 10, 2010.

1. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    We use Paypal to print off and pay for postage labels. Usually there are 2 or 3 pages depending on the country the label is for. Unfortunately, we don't need the customs label or the insurance page, so 2 out of 3 pages are a waste of ink and time and unfortunately again, these 2 unecessary pages have a habit of printing out first..

Until I installed Snow Leopard last year. And magically the print order reversed and I was able to get my label off and cancel the rest.

I got a new printer this week, and it's printing back in the old order :eek: Totally miffed. Anyway to affect the label order? It's going to save so much trouble if I can get it back to the way I want :)

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

Print only page 1? Print pages 1 to 1 in the dialogue box that comes up when you print.

Regardless of print order, only the first page of the document will print, which should be your postage page.

BUT, there should also be somewhere in the print dialogue that allows you to adjust print order, like 'print pages in reverse order' or something to that effect.

However, your ultimate solution is printing just page one.

3. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I don't even have that option to just print only one, and even if I had, it would print the wrong page out first. I think maybe unless you've used the Paypal postage system it's not easy for you to relate to..

4. mstrze macrumors 68000

It has nothing to do with Paypal...whenever I print from any site or application across the board, there is a dialogue box that pops-up.

You don't get a print dialogue box?

5. tonyburkhart macrumors regular

tonyburkhart

PayPal print menu

What mstrze says is true.

The print menu is the same, no matter what program/application you're using.

Just to show you what it should look like, when you attempt to print, I went to my PayPal account and screen-capped the print menu for a shipping label.

[​IMG]

It should appear very similar, if not exactly the same, no matter what you're trying to print. The radio button that says "from 1 to 1" is the one you'll need to select. If the page you want is other than "page 1", you can select "from page X to page X" to print only one page, in the middle of the cluster. After you select "page X", it will appear to the left, in the print preview area. This is so you can visually confirm it's the correct page.

Also, you can adjust the order of printing under the "paper handling" drop down menu. It can be normal, automatic or reverse.

What make and model of printer are you using?