Print Service Privacy

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by smallcoffee, Jan 15, 2019.

1. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Hi,

I want to do some prints, particularly a phonebook. I'm worried about companies attempting to claim rights to my photos. Any company out there that is quality that doesn't do this type of bs?

Thanks for any help!

2. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I’m not following your question.

3. Zenithal macrumors 604

I think what he's trying to say is that he's worried about a print on demand company from using his personal photos he's taken without proper licensing, as in paying him to use it, or he's worried about his secret Batman cosplay getting out into the wild and being teased about it.

4. smallcoffee thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes - companies have sneaky ways of attempting to steal personal IP. They’ll say oh yes you can use our service, but uploading pictures for us to print constitutes letting us use those photos forever. I think I saw recently that Shutterfly as a similar licensing issue where if you sign in with Google/FB they download your photos and assert licensure to use them forever. I used to use Apple’s print service but now who the **** can I trust?
    --- Post Merged, Jan 16, 2019 ---
    For example:

5. Gutwrench, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019

Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I don’t know if this is in the ballpark, but I read that Miller’s Professional Imaging is popular. It specifically addresses ownership and respects ip and ©.

https://www.millerslab.com/home

6. smallcoffee thread starter macrumors 65816

That’s actually what I was just looking at. They do only want to work with professionals but have a customer-facing site mpix as well. I actually reached out to ask and got an email back saying they don’t do the things I’m worried they’d do. So that’s good.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Mpix is legit.