Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
Hi, I am wondering if it is possible for me to print things on my macbook to my imac that is on the network and has a printer connected to it. I always like to do work on the laptop but I hate having to go up and downstairs just to get one piece of paper. So can anyone help?

Thanks,
ChrisN

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
Hi, I am wondering if it is possible for me to print things on my macbook to my imac that is on the network and has a printer connected to it. I always like to do work on the laptop but I hate having to go up and downstairs just to get one piece of paper. So can anyone help?

Thanks,
ChrisN

Sure, just turn on "Printer Sharing" in the Sharing Pane of System Preferences on the iMac.

dopey220

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
I do the same thing with my MBP and eMac. The only thing weird about it is that certain apps don't like to print wirelessly, for some reason (Pages for example). So when I want to print a Pages document wirelessly, I just save it as a PDF and print it with Preview and it's a lot less iffy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.