Print two sheets per page in Excel?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Traverse, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I use Excel regularly, but there is something that is driving me nuts and I don't know if the problem is me or my printer.

I have an Excel workbook with 18 sheets of financial analysis. I need to print two sheets per page and I can't get that to work at all! I have Office Mac and Office Windows 2013.

I googled quite a bit and most sites said to do the same thing. From this site I got these instructions:

I followed the instructions and tried multiple times with both Mac and Windows Office and it is not coming out right. It prints 18 pages with a worksheet scaled down to fill only half of a landscape paper.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Traverse thread starter macrumors 603

Traverse

I can set up another Epson printer I have if needed. Some sites mentioned that printer drivers could be the cause, but before I did that I wanted to make sure it wasn't user error. :eek:

3. Traverse thread starter macrumors 603

Traverse

Strange.

I tried the same procedure in the Office:Mac 2016 Preview and it works. Well, I guess Office is improved. :confused:

4. JAT macrumors 603

Why are you relying on printer drivers to format your printing? They suck. Why not format your data to print how you want it in Excel?

5. Traverse thread starter macrumors 603

Traverse

My data is formatted, but in separate worksheets (tabs). In needed to print a report and was told to save paper by printing two sheets per page.

The processes didn't work in Excel 2011 or Excel 2013, but did work when I did the same thing in Excel:Mac 2016

6. JAT macrumors 603