Printer and Ipod rebate question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by earthdan, Jun 26, 2009.

1. earthdan macrumors member

Hello,
    I just purchased a macbook pro with an education discount and I got a rebate for the printer and ipod. I just received the ipod and the printer and mbp are on the way apparently.

On both rebate forms, it says that the mac upc label is required. Should I send the rebate forms together? Or separately? Will they give me 2 mac upc labels so I could send them with both?

On another note, is there anyway to not open up the packaging and get the upc label? Or can I take a picture or something? I am going to try and sell the ipod so it would be nice if it were "unopened"....

Thanks for any help,

cheers,
    Dan

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Are you not in the U.S.? You don't have to mail them in anymore if you're in the U.S.

If this is the case, scan it into a computer and print out the scanned copy to send. That's what I did three years ago, and it's their preferred method.

3. theheadguy macrumors 6502a

Did you order from Apple online? I just had to put in my username/pass and it said my rebate was submitted for both items. No UPC needed.

4. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

5. earthdan thread starter macrumors member

Hey thanks for the quick replies. I am actually in Canada and I ordered from the online store.

I didn't see any online rebate stuff so I must have to still send something in. So, Tallest Skil, I should be ok with scanning it in and then sending?

Haha to be honest I am trying really hard not to open it and play with it a little. Seems like a really cool toy but would rather have something "pristine" to get more money back.

Cheers,
    Dan

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

You only need to send in the actual UPC for one rebate. For the other one, make a copy with a note saying that the one from the box went in for the other rebate. As for the iPod, you will have to cut out the UPC and open the box.