Printer and iPod Rebate

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by atticus18244fsa, Jul 19, 2009.

1. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

I got my MBP 15" 2 days ago and was looking through the rebate forms I need to fill out and it says I need to send in the UPC codes. 4 questions:

1. If I need to send in forms for both the iPod Touch and Printer and both ask for the MBP UPC code from the box, how's that going to work?

2. If both rebates are meant to go to the same address, can I send them in the same envelope in order to solve problem question 1.

3. Can I send photocopies instead of the actual codes?

4. Do I really need to cut out the UPC code from the iPod Touch if I plan to sell it still in it's package. That seems kinda stupid.

PS: I'm from Canada and ordered from the online education store if that helps.

EDIT: I just read the fine print and it clearly states that the UPC codes must be cut or pealed from the boxes. How is this supposed to work???

2. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

? In the US, it was all online. No mail/UPC/etc involved.

All I had to to was enter the receipt # online and it was done. Check arrives 30 days later.

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

yea as far as i know it should all be online but again that was in the US and i dont really see why it would be any different for Canada.

4. atticus18244fsa thread starter macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

Thats really odd I'll check that out

5. MacMur macrumors regular

Me too, that's all I did. Now let's see if the check is in the mail.

6. mrkapawutzis macrumors newbie

Anyone else waiting for their rebate after a couple of weeks? I was just wondering if people have gotten them fairly quickly or has their wait been 3 weeks or more?

7. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

I'm still waiting for mine. It's been almost a month now. For the last month my rebate status said "Your rebate will be processed within 30 days" or something along those lines... now it says this:

We have received your rebate submission and appreciate your participation in Apple's rebate program. We are reviewing your claim and will notify you via email once it is completed. Please be aware that it can take up to 15 business days to process your claim. Feel free to visit this site again in a day or two for more up-to-date status.

I suspect I will get my check within a week or two. Probably two.

8. squishydonut macrumors newbie

If you buy it through the online store/student discount, do you still need to enter anything?

9. rfb macrumors member

Yes, you need to go to the site and click on "submit your claim online." Then just put in your web order number. You don't need to wait until you receive it to submit it. I bought mine on June 9, and I received both checks (touch and printer) on July 10.

10. mrplough macrumors member

Sigh

Send everything in one envelope.

you need the actual UPC's, make photocopies and keep them for your own records.

And yes your have to cut the UPC's lame i know I was selling my touch too. Why cant we have an online submission tool too. C'mon Apple.

And now btw you cant peel them nemore, you have to cut it out.
    My heart was torn apart as I had to butcher the packaging my macbook came in.

And yes, I'm from canada too, its been almost a two weeks and my rebate status is still not up... sigh :mad:

11. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

It's different for us Canadians.

We have to fill out a form and submit it along with the UPC labels.

12. atticus18244fsa thread starter macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

Canadians definitely get screwed over in this situation.

13. mrkapawutzis macrumors newbie

Mine still has that 30 day notice: "Your rebate claim has been received, and will be processed within 30 days." I sent it in (online) on the 20th of July so hopefully the status will change soon. I assume the delay is because of the large number of rebates they have to process or something like that.

14. elie.fares macrumors regular

You don't need any more documentation for the online rebate?
    ie: I don't have to send in university stuff?
    And the rebate is in a check, not to the credit card account from which the money was taken?

15. Queue Cumber macrumors newbie

Why do you ask? I hope you do not intend to not only rip off Apple for an unauthorized education discount, but also your own parents who bought it for you?

Character is what we do when no one is looking.

16. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

Not only Canadians, the British are in the same boat ;). It took about 3 weeks for the check to arrive.

17. elie.fares macrumors regular

I am a student. I was just asking what documents we need. And no, I'm 19 so I don't need my parents to buy it for me.

18. rfb macrumors member

No, they don't ask for any verification, just your web order number. Yes, they mail you a check for the rebate rather than credit your card. You will receive a separate check for each rebate i.e. $229 for the iPod and $100 if you got a printer, but mine came on the same day.

19. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

Europeans too.

Took 3 weeks for me for the first one ordered in mid June, now there is another one waiting it's been 1 and a half week, i expect the same delay.

20. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

It makes sense. They should delay it at least until after your return period ends. If they give the rebate too early you could return the Mac and the iPod and get free money from the rebate.

21. larzy macrumors regular

larzy

Outside the brown box the Macbook Pro shipped in, there's also a label with the serial and product code. Can this be used, or does it have to be the one from the pretty Macbook Pro box itself? Basically has the exact same information.

22. Philflow macrumors 65816

Apple says it has to be the one on the box itself.

23. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

I just cashed my iPod Touch rebate check of $229. This was the free (or reduced price) iPod Touch offer if you bought a qualifying Mac Laptop on the educational discount. Since I qualified, I took the bait knowing new iPods will be out in September and I will have gotten an old one. I sprung a few extra bucks and got the 32 GB one and I'm glad I did.

It took one month for Apple to send me the rebate check after purchasing the 13" MBP. Not bad at all, thanks Apple for being prompt.

24. Nerdowl macrumors member

Um... there's an online form for the UK Store. I've seen the page. So we're not in the same boat as the Canada Situation described here.

https://input.media.euro.apple.com/uk/programmes/backtoschool/

25. Philflow macrumors 65816

This is what it says at number 13:
    The envelope enclosing the completed original coupon or printed online claim output, copy of your proof-of-purchase and other relevant documents as defined herein must be posted to: Apple BTS Rebate, PO Box 33, Ross-on-Wye, HR9 7WA, United Kingdom.