Printer and iWork Promo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by baconmacNcheese, Jul 21, 2009.

1. baconmacNcheese macrumors newbie

The rebate page says that the promo ends July 20 but when I go to the configure a MacBook page I can still purchase iWork. Can I do the same with a printer? If not and get iWork will I still get the rebate?

2. jpyc7 macrumors 6502

I don't know if you'll get the rebate, but Apple does "renew" promos. The same 2 promo deals (printer and iWork) were available before the just expired one. That said, I am sure they don't run the printer promo year-round. And the printers that are part of the promo deal can change. For example, none of the Samsung printers are part of the promo.

Your best bet is to call the tele-sales line and talk to a live person.

3. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

I would definitely double check before going ahead and buying it.

The website might not be updated yet, so make sure the rebate is still in effect, and then go ahead with it.

4. btownguy macrumors 6502a

Be careful about the iWork promo. I bought a new MBP last week. I was expecting iWork to be ~$40, minus ~$30 promo = ~$10. It would have been had I bought it online and had iWork pre-loaded. I bought it in-store (received the iWork disc) and iWork was ~$70. Not a huge difference, but about $30 more than I was expecting to pay. Still though, I wanted to support my local Apple Store, so I bought it there.

5. jpyc7 macrumors 6502

Go back to the store and request the rebate (assuming it isn't too far). I had to do that myself (for my MBP purchase last week). The system apparently doesn't automatically give you the rebate. I wish it did and I made that comment in my online feedback to Apple and to the store manager in-person.

I'm not sure about your math. The iWork for individual is $79 (5-pack is $99), so with $30 rebate it will be $49. I don't think they will give you an additional rebate for pre-installation.

If you are going to go back for the rebate, you'll want to do it within the 14 day return period. I'm sure it's a lot easier for them to handle that case.

6. btownguy macrumors 6502a

Oh, I did get the rebate instantly. The only thing was I paid $79 for iLife when I was expecting to pay $40 - the online preinstall price. Both prices get you the rebate. I just thought I would pay $40 in the store, not the $79.