printer conflict

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fjs08, Oct 28, 2007.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Hi,

I have the same printer at both the office an at home. I named the home one,

1012 and the one at the office 1012-2. They are identical HP printers. With the old OSX, I had to install the drivers that came with each printer for them to work. Now with Leopard, when I try to print at home 1012-2 pops up in the Dock, but when I check the info, 1012 appears. If I attempt to print, nothing happens, but if I shut the printer off (all this is at home) and restart it, it will print. Any way to rectify this, or should I just delete what I have and reinstall both printers??

Thanks.

Frank

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

First: You don't have a conflict, you have a difference.

Second: If you two different computers in two different locations running the same model printer, then your problem most likely lies in the differences in their setups.

What are your computer models, connection-type, etc.?

What are the differences in the setups?

3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>What are your computer models, connection-type, etc.?

What are the differences in the setups?<<

They are both HP 1012 LaserJets.

I bought them at the same time from the same place. I had to use the driver cd from each to set them up. That really confused me???? I actually bought the same printer to avoid this??

Anyway, I put the cd in when each was usb connected, popped in the CD to the Mac and away it want. Only thing I did different was to name them differently.

Frank