Printer connection?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by kenglade, Mar 12, 2009.

1. kenglade macrumors 6502

I'm a newcomer to Mac but have been so impressed with my iMac G5 I bought a Macbook Air to go with it.

I have the iMac connected to an HP C4500 and it seems to be working well. I've also configured the printer to run wirelessly. But I've run into a spot of trouble getting the Mac Air to recognize the printer. It isn't vital that I get the printer to work with the Mac Air, but it would be nice.

I transitioned all the printer iles to the Mac Air using the migration assistant but when i try to set up the printger in System Preferences, the Mac Air can't find the files. When I go to the print & Fax screen and click the + to add a printer, the screen is blank and all the selections are grayed out. I'm probably skipping a step or two but if anyone would choose to offer suggestions I'd be grateful.

I also could sue some advice on how to set up the DVD sharing since there's an e-book on a camera I'd like to add to Mac Air.

Many thanks.

Ken

2. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

It will work, probably just the G5 files don't work with an Intel Mac. Google your printer model and "gutenprint" which may find you a driver.

3. kenglade thread starter macrumors 6502

Printer connection?

I have the CD that came with the printer (also new), which i used to set up the device on the G5. They all transferred to the Mac Air, but apparently the Mac Air just doesn't recognize.

That's a good point about downloading to the Mac Air. I'll give it a shot. Many thanks.