Printer driver

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jent, Jul 3, 2012.

1. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

At work there is an HP Color LaserJet CP2025dn network printer, but HP doesn't have Lion drivers for it and the built-in Print & Scan preference pane can't find software for it. Does anyone know how I can print to this printer via wifi? Thanks!

2. jent thread starter macrumors 6502a

jent

Here's what the failed installation process looks like.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      38 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      39.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      45.4 KB
      Views:
  3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Try this:

Connect the printer to the network (router) via ethernet and give it a static IP on the local network. Add the printer (IP Printer) on your Mac and try one of the generic drivers. Give different settings configurations a shot.

Let me know if you get it working as I think I'm going to have to do the same thing with the same (or similar) model!

4. jent thread starter macrumors 6502a

jent

I have a MacBook Air so my only options are USB or wifi.

5. BrianBaughn, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012

BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

OK, but that has nothing to do with my suggestion. Now, if you'd said that the printer can't be connected to the network (or something similar)...that would be a valid point.

Again, what I'm saying is: Connect the printer to the router via ethernet (if it's not already). It will then be on the network and have an IP. Your MBA is on the same network via wifi. You can add the printer via it's IP address.

The printer may also show up via Bonjour, but I think it might be better to give the printer a fixed IP and add it that way. Then, choose a generic postscript or PCL driver.

However, there is a firmware update for that model available from HP. If the powers-that-be at your place of work don't mind you temporarily hooking up via USB and upgrading the firmware on the printer, you could try that. I don't know if the firmware would cause Lion to finally "see" the printer properly and install the drivers.

6. jent thread starter macrumors 6502a

jent

Thank you! I simply added it manually by its IP address, selected "Generic PostScript Printer" for the driver, and it prints just fine via wifi for me now.