Printer for Ipad ??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by deluxeh0, May 31, 2011.

1. deluxeh0 macrumors member

What printers do you guys have and is it compatible with the ipad? I got an ipad 2 and I'm looking for a standard wifi laser printer for my laptop and ipad2. Any suggestions would be great! Prices also!

2. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Are you looking to print directly to the printer or can you have a Mac driving the printer?

If you have a Mac you can leave on and drive the printer, just about any printer can be made to work. There are some paid utilities (Printopia is an example) and some free ways to do the same thing (Airprint Activator).

If you don't want the printing to go through a computer, your only choice is the HP line of printers. Apple has the current list of HP compatible printers here.

I have a Canon MP560 and use Printopia to print to it from my iPad.

3. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

ePrint printers from HP work great with iOS devices. We have one and it's awesome!

4. TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

I purchased the HP B210a from Costco, it was only $90 and it works great with the ipad 2.

5. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Ditto. It is a pretty amazing experience to not have to worry about drivers, software, and all of the other things that make printers a hassle. Plug it in, login to your network, and print from anywhere in the house (or even anywhere in the world if you enable the web service). Stupid simple.

6. LN-TAL macrumors newbie

Actually you can use any printer with printopia software on a mac. I have several network printers, and can print to all of them from my iPad, via the mac. That means the mac has to be turned on for this to work (even if the printers are stand alone printers connected to the network, and not to any specific computer).

7. French macrumors regular

8. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

9. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I use an HP one, works seemless. I click print, it prints : )

10. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Direct or via a wireless router?

11. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Or you could use any USB printer by plugging it into the iPad's USB port. Then download the iOS driver for it.

What, no USB port? nevermind :eek:

12. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

13. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Wireless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk