Printer help needed

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thekb, Dec 14, 2013.

1. thekb macrumors 6502a

I have 2 wireless printers that I can not get to work with my MBP. Brother HL-2170 and HP C4700. I can access them through my browser by going to their IP address. So I can work on their configuration. I can also print test pages from the IP address interface. But when I try to print anything else, I get an error that the printer is not found. I've tried everything I can think of -- reinstalling them several times and working meticulously through the setup process, by connecting them via ethernet cable through the router itself. They seem to work OK for a bit, then after they go to sleep the first time, they stop working.

These printers used to work perfectly, but I must have changed something in the settings that broke them. My wife's MB works with them OK. I am unable to troubleshoot this problem. ANy suggestions? Again, they are seen on the network just fine. I can even scan on the HP All-in-One machine.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

3. thekb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes ... at least they are always the same. I have tried to setup them up with static IP and that part has seemed to work.

4. thekb thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have bookmarks set for the browser setup pages XX.XX.XX.10 and XX.XX.XX.02 and they always connect to the printers, so they do in fact have static IP addresses. Any suggestions?