Printer/iPod Rebate

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Erendiox, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

Quick question for you all. My brother is getting a Macbook for college and we were thinking of just running down to an apple store and grabbing it. He's a student, and we want to do the $200 off an iPod (basically a free 4G nano) as well as the $100 off a printer (free $100 printer). ;)

My question is, is there any problem with buying the macbook and printer in-store, and then the iPod off the online store cause we want it engraved? Will I have any problem with the rebate, or do all 3 things have to be on the same receipt?

Also, secondly, and more simply, the rebate still holds if I were to buy all 3 things from the store correct?

2. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

From Apple's FAQ...

So if you want it engraved too, you'll have to order the whole thing online. You don't have to pay shipping, so it'll end up being the same total. You'll just have to put up with a week or so of not having your new computer.

As far as the printer, it is the same situation. As long as the computer and printer are on the same receipt, you're good to go. I can't say I'm 100% sure, but I believe there's nothing stopping you from the getting the iPod and the printer. You'll just have to fill out both rebates.

3. Hard-Hat-Mac macrumors regular

No you have to submit an invoice or receipt for each product. So essentially you'd have to envelopes.

One would have the original MB UPC and iPod UPC plus invoices/receipt for each. The other would have a copy of the MB UPC which notes which claim number has the original UPC plus the UPC of the printer and another copy of the MB invoices/receipt and the printer invoices/receipt.

4. wongulous macrumors 6502a

You wouldn't be able to get a rebate if you didn't have the printer and iPod on the same receipt as the computer purchase. Therefore, yeah, if you want engraved, you'll have to wait a few days for it to all ship. But it's for college, right? You can wait. :)

5. Erendiox thread starter macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

Ok cool. Many thanks for the quick replies. Now I just need to decide whether the engraving is worth the wait. :)

6. HSCmatt macrumors newbie

You could just get it engraved somewhere else (the mall where my Apple store is has a "Things Remembered" which does engraving) for a few dollars.

7. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

WHOA! You're back after forever,hmmmm, since November 15th i belive accoring to you profile. Good to have you back around here, you are always the best of tech. problems questions.:)