printer/macbook problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mightymac, Jul 7, 2008.

1. mightymac macrumors newbie

mightymac

ok so here it is. my Gf and i just got a macbook, the regular one yes... anyway osX and she has the lexmark x4530 wireless printer. well we've tried everything, loaded the cds and downloaded the files from the site. it works when plugged in but when we try to use it wireless it messes up. the printer says its ok but the computer when going to print says printer offline. also the computer has this problem it connects to the wireless internet but sometimes disconnects and tries to reconnect it does this everyonce in a while. i noticed her network is "linksys" but there is another "linksys" like right next door from her so i figured this was the problem. havent changed the ssid name just yet so i figured i'd ask if anyone knows about this or even 've heard or it. thanks. :apple:

2. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

change the SSID, how is the printer connected? Does it have it's own wireless access point, or is it connected to another computer or an airport?

3. mightymac thread starter macrumors newbie

mightymac

its got its own wireless connection. self assigned ip address and all. i'll try to change it and post it if it works.