Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
I opened activity monitor recently and noticed that my printer monitor uses quite a bit %CPU, so I clicked on it to see what it was. It gave me the option to Quit the printet monitor. What would happen if I did quit it?

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
rye9 said:
I opened activity monitor recently and noticed that my printer monitor uses quite a bit %CPU, so I clicked on it to see what it was. It gave me the option to Quit the printet monitor. What would happen if I did quit it?

try it and found it :p it won't hurt anything.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
Does having my page outs more than 10,000 affect anything? It was very low before I opened Word, but now it's high. Is this bad?

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
Over the past two weeks, my iBook became extremely slow as time went on. I would have to restart it every 3 days bc it was SOOO slow! But today, I quit the printer monitor and now it is back to its extremely fast speed. Why is this? Why is it that my printer monitor used 300 MB virtual memory which is 3 times as much as tiger was using! Well at least now I know that if my Mac becomes laggy again, I will just have to quit the printer monitor. It is like I just restarted my ibook! But what did the preinter monitor do anyways? Its not in my printer folder.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.