Printer Need

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by chivers1979, Jun 29, 2008.

1. chivers1979 macrumors newbie

Hello There I'm On Here For The First Time, The Names John, Can Someone Please Help Me

I Want To Buy A Printer To Go With My 24"imac, I Would Like An Excellent Quality Photo Printer, With Preferably Fax,copy And A Really Good Scanner

Not To Worries About If It's Wifi, Cos It'll Sit Next To My Time Capsual (when I Get Time To Get It) Well I'm Here Anyone Got One For Sale????

Can Anyone Point Me In The Right Direction

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

If quality is what you are after you don't want one of the "all in one" print/scanner/fax machines. Those are for people who want to save money or space. Youare going to have to think about what you want. How large will your prints be? Do you have a budget? The R1800 has become a "standard" for people looking to make quality photo prints. Any of the Epson r-series prints can do good work. On the scanner end, what is it you need to scan? Just paper documants, photos? negatives? For photographic work look for a scanner that has Kodak's "Digital ICE". That is just Koda;s name for a four channel scanner where the fourth color is IR. All the scanner makers license this from Kodak and use it on their mid the high end models.

Fax is a feature that is built into Mac OS X. You can fax anything using an Apple modem.