Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spotsphill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
I am trying to print from my OS Mavericks MBP to a USB printer connected to a Windows 7 PC on my network. I get the "Enter our user name and password" prompt but it's pre-filled with wrong credentials. When I edit the credentials (and check the "Remember this password in my keychain") I can successfully print. The problem is that the password is not remembered for next time. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Al you have to do is change the password in one of the two places. First check /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app or if you use 10.9's Safari Safari's Preferences, Passwords. Check booth place for the connection and delete the entry.

Then connect to printer again and put in your information. When it's ask to save the new password it should save the new username/password.

spotsphill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
Al you have to do is change the password in one of the two places. First check /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app or if you use 10.9's Safari Safari's Preferences, Passwords. Check booth place for the connection and delete the entry.

Then connect to printer again and put in your information. When it's ask to save the new password it should save the new username/password.

Thanks, I went into Keychain and deleted an old user/password entry, leaving only the new (correct) entry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.