Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deinonychus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
SoCal
Hi guys,

I'm having some problems with my Lexmark P6250. It's currently hooked up to my Windows XP desktop with USB, and printer sharing on the desktop is enabled. On my PowerBook G4, I have already installed the drivers for the printer on it, but what I'm not understanding is this: if I directly connect the printer to the laptop, it automatically picks the correct driver when I try to add the printer. But if I try to add the printer when it's connected to the desktop over the network, I can't find the driver in the list! The printer does show up on the screen, but I just can't pick the driver out of the list. I don't get why.

I have OS X 10.4.3

Appreciate anyone's help.

untamedhysteria

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2005
is it over a window's share? if so, good luck...i've been trying that stuff for a while now, with no luck. now i do know if you want to set the printer with it's own ip address, you can connect to it that way, which is what i'm needing to do.

but of course if i'm missing something, just as Deinonychus, please let me know, it's very annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.