Printer not appearing in Finder screen

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by karlsmacpro, Aug 29, 2012.

1. karlsmacpro macrumors member

Hi folks,

When I connect any printer (normally through the USB but also wifi) it does not appear in the finder and so I can not "eject" in the normal way. I've enabled all the peripherals etc in the finder preferences. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm running Snow Leopard on 10.6.8 on a MBP. Thanks, Karl

2. simsaladimbamba

A printer does not appear in Finder nor does it need to be ejected.
    You just connect the printer, use it with what ever program you want to print with and disconnect the printer after you are done via pulling the plug if you need the USB port.

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

3. karlsmacpro thread starter macrumors member

That's what I do as I'm not aware of any alternative. But I then get a message saying I've not disconnected the printer properly, so I was wondering whether there's something else I should be doing. Karl

4. simsaladimbamba

Does your printer have some kind of flash card memory stick adapter? What exact printer do you use on what exact Mac OS X version? Can you make a screenshot of that error and attach it to your next post?