Printer Not Printing from AirPort

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Martin C, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C

The printer is added to my list of printers via a connection with my AirPort Extreme. It is recognized as linked to my AirPort in my printers list. I have removed and added the printer multiple times successfully, but when I try to print a document the all I get in my print queue window is: "Looking for Printer"

Any suggestions?

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Did you add the printer via USB first? I think that's a necessary step.

Here's a troubleshooting article from Apple. You might try to find an article or instructions on the setup to make sure what I said is true.

3. Martin C thread starter macrumors 6502a

Martin C

I hadn't tried that but it was working previously without that step. It turned out I needed to update the AirPort Extreme via a software update. This fixed all my woes.

4. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Darn, I searched the forum since I am having this same exact problem, and this post didn't help. :( My Airport software is totally updated, and so is my HP 1315 printer. The Airport sees the printer connected, but when I try to print it gets stuck on looking for printer and then gives up. It's plugged into the Airport Base Station directly (no hub) - I'm not sure what else I can do. Any suggestions?

Maybe I did something wrong? I just got the Airport and this is my first attempt trying to print wirelessly.